Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!
Gracepoint Church Meeting Guidelines
Friday, May 15, 2020
Due to the risks associated with the Corona Virus, Gracepoint has followed SC State guidelines and have not had services in our building for the past few weeks. SC has now started to reduce restrictions and allow for some businesses to open again with some social guidelines to be enforced.
With these new guidelines, Gracepoint Church will start having services once again, but following State guidelines and others to ensure a safe worship experience for our church family. Those wishing to personally attend services may do so under the guidelines below. In addition, the recorded services will be posted on the Church Web Site. The goal is to allow everyone to meet and worship but also to remain safe.
- On Sunday, May 17th we will meet once again in the church building at 10:45 AM for worship service. No Sunday School meeting will be held this Sunday. Children will need to attend the Worship Service with their parents. The following guidelines will apply:
- Do not attend if you or anyone that has been near you has shown any symptoms of illness. i.e. Fever, Coughing. Sneezing etc.
- As a precaution and as a courtesy to others, it is recommended that those coming to attend services wear masks (any covering you have will do) and sanitize their hands at the entrance door. If you don’t have a mask, we will gladly provide one.
- Social Spacing is to be observed at all times. (6 ft distance) o The Fellowship Hall and Kitchen areas will be closed during Sunday Services.
- Chairs in the Worship Hall have been arranged so that no one will be seated on each side and in front of everyone.
- Music team will be limited to maintain social distancing also. o No coffee or snacks will be available.
- Socializing must be done respecting the 6 ft personal spacing and should be done outside the building.
- High risk individuals (Over 65 or those with pre-existing conditions) may want to consider taking further precautions or continue to worship via online services, until sometime in the future.
- Wednesday Night Bible Study will be held by Pastor Ben starting May 20th at 6:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
- The above guidelines apply.
- Tables and Chairs will be sanitized before using.
We know people will have different situations and risk levels, and they should participate in a way they are comfortable and still worship. We will keep you informed of any changes or updates and please feel free to make any suggestions that you believe would make for a safer and better worship experience at Gracepoint.
We look forward to once again being able to meet as a church family and worship together.
Ben Hill – Pastor
Ron Ortscheid – Church Administrator
As home lockdown, social distancing, self-quarantining, and isolation continue, we are looking at ways to continue to connect at GracePoint.
In an effort to continue to grow in our Faith, and to dive into a deeper understanding of his word, all while keeping safely separated, we are looking into some alternatives to our Sunday morning time together.
I would like to start by offering a Discipleship E-mailing.
I know first-hand that E-mail overload is a real thing, so I would like to make this an “opt-in” opportunity.
Should you choose to participate you will receive a weekly E-mail with the Study of the week, questions, and comments. Replies are an encouraged part of participation. If anyone has suggestions on how we can improve our discipleship study time together, please send me an e-mail, phone call, text, or letter. I would love to hear about any ideas you may have.
Our First Study will be a Brief Summary of the Books of the Bible
To receive the Discipleship E-mail: send an email to Waltcalled@gmail.com Subject: Disciple
p.s. I miss you all
GracePoint Church WILL be having our normally scheduled services. In response to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), GracePoint Church will be taking the following actions:
- Placing hand sanitizer at the front door.
- Providing a place to pick up the newsletter, instead of handing it out.
- Providing a place at the front of the Worship Center for tithes and offerings to be placed in lieu of passing the offering plates.
- We encourage everyone to be proactive and use hand sanitizer or wash hands frequently.
- For more information on the coronavirus visit the SCDHEC website here: https://scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
23 But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such people to worship him.
New Year’s Eve is an interesting day, at least to me. Nearly everything is focused on what will happen tonight! The parties, the food, the games, the fireworks…it’s like the whole day is acting as if that coming midnight hour is the focal point!
Oh, there are exceptions to be sure. Some have to work today, especially all those people who work in retail. Some of us are just going about the day as if it was any other day…no special plans, no big deal. Some of us will be in bed way before the clock strikes midnight anyway (yawn “just another day, and I don’t like fireworks anyway”! Yep, you know who you are!)
And some of us, at least those of us who do not see ourselves as “fairy-tale Christians”, but rather believe strongly in the One True God and His Word, and make our stand boldly…well, we look forward to a new year where we will continue to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth, continue to meet together every chance we get, and serve Him!
In any event, tonight at midnight we welcome a new year, even a new decade! We will celebrate that new day, that marks a new year of the 2020’s! Let’s recognize it as the Year of Our Lord! GracePointers… let’s shine bright, let’s be bold, let’s grow in every facet of our Spiritual lives and make this new year something special!
Yes, it’s almost midnight. If you plan to watch or light fireworks of your own, as you watch the night sky light up with the colorful little explosions, think about the coming “new day” when the Lord Jesus will Himself breach the Eastern sky and with a SHOUT of triumph take us home!! It’s going to be awesome!
Be safe tonight, and I pray for wonderfully blessed New Year!
In HIS amazing Grace,